UKWIN’s National Coordinator Shlomo Dowen is one of several ‘anti-incineration’ and ‘pro Zero Waste’ nominees for Resource Magazine’s Hot 100 award.
NOTE: You are entitled to vote for multiple nominees, you just need to vote for one at a time.
Please support UKWIN by voting for Shlomo Dowen!
A couple of UKWIN’s recent activities:
- UKWIN has been running its ‘Bin the Burners’ campaign calling on the Government to ban new incinerators. On the 22nd of November MP John Grogan and a host of cross-bench co-sponsors tabled Early Day Motion 581 which calls for a moratorium on new waste incineration capacity. Since then a number of additional MPs have signed, and if your MP has not done so yet then you could write them a letter. For details on how to support this campaign (including a ‘write to your MP’ service, complete with template e-mail message) please visit: https://ukwin.org.uk/bin
- On Thursday the 7th of December Shlomo gave evidence to the London Assembly about problems with waste incineration. UKWIN’s written evidence is available from https://ukwin.org.uk/files/pdf/July_2017_UKWIN_London_Assembly_Waste_Management_Submission.pdf
Of course, UKWIN also continues to:
- Support local campaigners and campaign groups with their opposition to specific incinerator proposals
- Take part in relevant national consultations
- Maintain the map and table of potential, existing and prevented incinerators
https://ukwin.org.uk/map/ and https://ukwin.org.uk/table/
- Produce useful resources for anti-incineration campaigners, including the series of one page briefings available via: https://ukwin.org.uk/bin
- Counter incineration industry propaganda
If you would like to support UKWIN’s work with a donation, please visit: https://ukwin.org.uk/donate/